Hello, dear Fractal Space players!
Update 2.631 of Fractal Space: Pocket Edition is now LIVE for all players on Android & iOS! It brings hundreds of bugfixes and various improvements!
Here is the summary of the new features and changes:
- Google Play Games and Cloud Save system has been re-implemented from scratch. This was necessary for the feature below to be functional.
- Multiple Cloud Save Slots!
- Very first start of 2.631 might take more time than usual to reach the Main Menu, due to a required Cloud Save conversion system (details in next sections). Let us know if this happens to you. Restarting the game should solve it.
- Updated Brazilian-Portuguese and Spanish translations
- Skip Cutscenes: Most cutscenes can now be skipped with the “Skip” button!
- Some special cutscenes cannot be skipped for technical reasons, especially in Chapter 4 and Chapter 5.
- Speedrun Mode now auto-skips cutscenes that can be skipped!
- Please test skipping all cutscenes (or enabling Speedrun Mode), as some may create bugs when they are skipped – and should be set as non-skippable
- You may have a small camera jitter when a cutscene is automatically skipped. Will be improved later
- Hall of Fame: All levels now have a Hall of Fame (top 30 scores) displayed for the current Chapter and the entire game. They are only displayed:
- If you have already finished the game at least once
- Or you are in Speedrun Mode
- Faster jump: Start of jump rise is now faster
- Many bugfixes and controls improvements from the PC version
- Improved texture quality on iOS to be similar quality than HD Edition on Android
- HD Edition and iOS: Taser shot now also shows lighting effect upon shooting impact (except with LOW Dynamic Lighting setting).
NEW | CLOUD SAVE SYSTEM
From Fractal Space 2.631, the Cloud Save System has been re-implemented from scratch to allow:
- More stable, and faster Cloud Save files download / uploads
- Multiple save slots “Profiles” (up to 5 slots per player)
- Change save slot “Profile” from Menu and Options -> Account
- Achievements are linked to your Google account, so changing profile will NOT reset your achievements. The only way to reset achievements is to create a new Google account.
IMPORTANT: The older versions Cloud Saves are not directly compatible with 2.631’s new Cloud Saves Data. Don’t worry, to avoid data loss, we have implemented a Cloud Save Conversion every time you start the game from 2.631.
Please make sure to update to 2.631 on ALL YOUR DEVICES to avoid trying to open a new converted saved game on an older version of the game!Haze Games
EXPECTED | BEHAVIOR
On the very first launch of Fractal Space 2.631, you will need to check if the Cloud Save conversion system works as expected:
- After Google Play Games sign-in, the game will automatically convert your “old” Cloud Save to be compatible with the new system (it is done behind the scenes)
- If you are not automatically signed-in, please try to sign in from the main menu before starting to play, to see if your saved game is correctly converted and loaded correctly after first launch of 2.631
- After conversion, it will be automatically loaded and you will reach the main menu with the same save state as before 2.631. Clicking the new “Cloud Save Profile Change” button, next to Sign Out button will display the Save Game Load selection page:
Note: If the Cloud Save Profile Change button is RED, it means you are signed in, but your current state is not synchronized with any Cloud Save slot.
If it’s the case, please tap the button and select a saved game to load, or the “+” button to create a new slot – it will set it as the new active slot.Haze Games
The converted save file should display play time appropriately (total active play time in this save file), and the correct Chapter and other description text:
You can then press “Back” to cancel, or the “Select” button to load it now. You can also tap the “+” button to create a new save slot right now and set it as active slot.
ACHIEVEMENTS | LEADERBOARDS
From 2.631, the entire system for Leaderboards & Achievements has also been re-implemented from scratch, to allow:
- Faster synchronization of scores and ranks in Chapters page
- Faster synchronization of scores and ranks during gameplay with Speedrun Mode enabled
- More stable score / ranks retrieval: sometimes, retrieving scores / ranks would fail, and could cause some crashes on certain devices (quite rare)
- Thanks to faster scores loading, new in-game display of Hall of Fame of Top 30 scores for each Chapter! Shown in Speedrun Mode or if you have completed the game once.
PRIVACY | POLICY
On the FREE version, the In-App-Purchases system has changed. This new system requires the Unity Analytics system to be enabled. We don’t like this, but we don’t have any other choice.
Even though we are not gathering any personal information, we still need to allow the user to disable all data gathering caused by Unity In-App-Purchases system.
On the FREE version, you will now have an additional privacy setup button that allows you to fully opt out of all analytics. The only data gathered is non-personal information (statistics) about the game and crash reports.
BUG | FIXES
Many bug fixes coming from the recent PC Pre-Alpha updates have been applied to the Pocket Edition, including:
- Progressive Achievements for Recordings and Color Packs could sometimes unlock early
- Spanish language had various wrong translations
- Chapter 1: All intro dialogues for the first room are now disabled in Speedrun Mode. Intended. Playing Chapter 1 from Chapters page even without Speedrun Mode will remove a few intro dialogues as well (intended).
- Chapter 2: In case you were not aware, it is now an intended skip to jump on the button of the first puzzle room to skip the smashers. In older versions this wasn’t allowed due to various bugs that could happen.
- Chapter 1: Cube surfing just after getting the Taser will no longer allow you to skip and enter the Smasher room.
- Cubes: You should not be able to Cube-Surf anymore. Well, maybe you still can, but should be much harder to perform than before. Please let me know if you find unintended bugs with this change.
- Chapter 5: Right Ending: If you don’t have Pandora’s Box at the end, you can’t enter the room. If you dropped it just before, you could softlock.Changed it to ensure the door closes if you drop it earlier to reduce chances of this happening. In addition, if you do manage to enter this room, Pandora’s Box will respawn inside if it was dropped at the last minute outside.
- Ending: Leaderboards / Achievements processing will be done before playing ending video / displaying camera in case you encounter a crash, until this can be 100% solved.
- Reported Bugs: Many more reported bugs have been fixed
- Chapter 1: Some intro dialogues could be playing randomly when Speedrun Mode is enabled. Should be fixed.
- Chapter 1: Smashers could auto-activate as if you had shot the Smasher switch from the Taser Pickup area in a previous game and then used the Chapters button and didn’t shoot it this time. This shouldn’t happen anymore. For smashers to be auto-activated as you enter the Go Left / Go Right area, you need to have shot the Smasher button earlier (intended).
- Chapter 2: Saws on moving platforms could push cubes incorrectly (possessed Cubes) should now be completely fixed (there were still cases where it would happen).
- Cube Clipping: Pushing cubes through wall by spamming / pushing should be harder than in previous versions to perform.
- Loading: Requesting load last checkpoint after end level fade out started was fixed; but requesting last checkpoint right before the last fadeout could result in reloading the Chapter instead.
- Chapter 2: Before the “Don’t Look Down” area, you could skip parts of the level if you backtracked before the door closed. Shouldn’t happen anymore.
Chapter 4: You cannot drop Cubes too close to the windows of the subway area anymore, to reduce chances of pushing the Cubes through them.
Chapter 4: Placing a cube behind the Teleporter while Subway is coming back will be respawned upon subway arrival to prevent softlock (even if you still have it in your hands, intended for now).
- Chapter 2: Cubes on moving platforms could sometimes have unexpected pushing movement (“possessed” cubes)
- Cube Clipping: This is a complex matter and cannot be 100% solved right now (dangerous change for stabilizing 2.631). However, it should be a bit harder to perform than in the previous versions.
- Speedrun Mode: Can now override lasers collisions selectively for Speedrun Mode. Explanation: The game should NOT allow you to stand on lasers when they are ON. This is to avoid unwanted skips, bugs, and ensure the player is damaged when falling on them / walking too close.Most lasers placed quite low to the ground respect this rule. However, I know some speedrunners use these laser collisions in some cases. A recent bug allowed the player to stand on all lasers – even enabled ones. This bug was fixed, making some speedrun strats invalid. I made more changes to allow collisions on some of them Speedrun Mode. Please let me know at email@example.com if you have specific lasers that would need collisions even when ON in Speedrun Mode if there are any issues. This system will be the same on PC.
IMPORTANT: If you change Speedrun Mode state when already within a level, you’ll need to restart from the last checkpoint for these collision states to be updated. This will be changed in the future 2.64 update.
- Chapter 1: Lasers for the first cube area, and “Use Protection” area will now always have collisions disabled – except in Speedrun Mode, in which you stand on them.
- Chapter 1: “Disobeyed my orders” Dialog now disabled in Speedrun Mode.
- Chapter 4: Vertical moving platform at the right-end of soul room could sometimes remain static instead of moving. Should be fixed.
- Localization: Updated localization to latest version from the localization kit. Thank you all for your help with translation!
- Chapter 4: Pandora’s Box: It’s intended that if you look at it, you cannot move closer to it. Any movement while looking at it and being close will make it flee.However, box behavior was changed to have smoother movement, and to allow you to jump above it while moving backwards; this will now allow you to jump over it backwards, and pick it up because you will be close enough. It now also stops fleeing away from you and becomes green as soon as you successfully enter its interaction range. It will now also work correctly from both sides if you happen to jump above it, then start moving while looking at it.
- Fractaloween: Disabled player collisions on Buttons (intended), to avoid standing on them.
- Fractaloween: Created fresh new leaderboards, as some scores were made with older versions using exploits which are now fixed.
- Chapter 1: With FractalXMAS activated, the first fireplace in first room is now easily climbable for you to climb on the gate just for fun (other fireplaces cannot be climbed with jump to avoid bugs).
- Chapter 5: Various changes to fix bugs with flower spawning and other spawning of objects. You can’t pickup log / pandora once it touched the ground to be transformed. You can’t climb on doors anymore. Door opening pushes books. You can climb on Podiums again (intended), but won’t be able to go OOB. You can still stand on box / log while it’s being transformed and will be pushed up, but shouldn’t create any problems anymore. Red carpets do not go all the way to the curtains anymore (intended), so you know where you can’t drop log / pandora. This is to avoid Podiums spawning where opening doors will clip through them. Plants are now further away on the sides to reduce clipping with Podiums (can still happen a bit but that’s OK).
- Chapter 5: Flower now has collisions with the player and other objects. You can climb on it, but shouldn’t create issues.
- Fractaloween: Various bugfixes and exploits fixed (thanks Yharon)
- Music: Chapters could result in not having music. Should be fixed.
- Chapter 4: Soul Room, vertical moving platform on the right when entering, could sometimes not be activated until loading last checkpoint.
- Loading: Requesting to load last checkpoint during end-of-level fade out would cause an infinite loading. The game starts to unload current level and load the next one as soon as the fade out begins. Fixed to ensure next level load is correctly interrupted to allow reload of last checkpoint or full Chapter restart even after fade out started.
- Events: Trees in the level when FractalXMAS is active will now prevent you from dropping cubes inside them.
- Events: Trees and Fireplaces when FractalXMAS is active will now teleport the player and cubes outside of them if it is activated after the player placed himself inside the tree / fireplace.
- Speedrun: Speedrun unit back to u/s
- Chapter 3: By moving fast and jumping, you can go on the first large moving platform (vertical corridor) without having to wait for it to come back down
Chapter 1: First outside moving platform is faster in speedrun mode
- Fractaloween: Small changes and fixes
- Fractaloween: More pumpkins will appear in later stages. Slightly reduced Auto-Aim. Lasers now also reduce score (slightly).
- Auto-Pause: Switching to another app or showing notifications will now auto-pause the game. This won’t change as it’s for both convenience and to respect Google’s new guidelines.
Moving Platforms & Crushers: Many changes to moving platforms to ensure:
- Better character crushing by vertical moving platforms going down or laterally against walls / ground. You will now get crushed more often (intended)
- Being pushed by the sides of a moving platform could result in very jittery movement, increasing chances to clip through walls. May still happen, but more rarely than before.
- Being pushed by the bottom of a moving platform (while beneath if) could result in very jittery movement, increasing chances to clip through walls. May still happen, but more rarely than before.
- Crushers will now only crush the character when they should (they used to sometimes crush the player too early or while static)
- Momentum when jumping off moving platforms in Speedrun Mode was broken for platforms that move faster in Speedrun Mode than normal game. Now works as expected.
- Localization: Greatly improved PT-BR translation (thanks to Chris!). There may be invisible characters with the new version of this localization. Please let me know if you find any missing characters since this update.
- Chapter 1: After the vertical corridor button fall to the room below, if you activated the switch on the moving platform very quickly, the door would be open instead of closed
- Chapter 1: If you happen to make the keypad appear while the first door has been opened already, using it should no longer close the door and softlock you
- Improved gravity / slow fall movements when dropping from ledges
- Controls Customization: Fixed sometimes Jump and Shoot buttons not being displayed correctly when customization the controls layout
- Chapter 1: Improved wall alignments, fixed many visual bugs
- Chapter 4: Improved Blowtorch visual effect and Blowtorch pickup animation
- Many more bug fixes detailed in the changelog page
Charles from Haze Games