Hello dear Fractal Space players on PC! Latest update 0.58 is now available on Windows, Mac and Linux! Please restart Steam to be sure you get the latest update as soon as possible.
This update focuses on a massive amount of bugfixes, that were introduced by previous update 0.57; as the previous version had many code / structural changes, it also brought in many new bugs.
Theoretically, most of them should now be fixed! We hope this 0.58 update version is more stable than 0.57!
RESTART CURRENT CHAPTER: If you were playing before this update, please restart current Chapter from the beginning to avoid bugs.Haze Games
After updating, if at any time you are encounter a missing object in the level (Power Core Slot or other), please restart the current chapter from the beginning (not last checkpoint, full Chapter restart) and check if the issue is still happening. If it still missing, please report with ALT+B.
If you have specific bug reports that require videos or cannot be sent via ALT+B, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org 😉
Thank you for testing and reporting bugs!
In case you had missed our behind-the-scenes video about adding pipes in the past few updates, you can check it out now:
NOTES | KNOWN ISSUES
Ghost Mode: Using Ghost Mode will result in bugs that you do not need to report.
If you use Ghost Mode, please play the “normal way” and activate all the buttons / objects correctly in the right order, and “fly” through the normal path.
Otherwise, the level won’t respond correctly and won’t be initialized how it should. This is intended, as the game is highly optimized with all rooms being initialized as the player progresses.
If you skip them completely with Ghost Mode, they won’t be initialized. This is not a bug and does not require to be fixed, because it’s simply an impossible situation in normal play.
There will be an in-game warning about this in the future 😉
Random Clipping: It can sometimes happen that you may randomly clip through a wall or ground. This is a Unity engine bug with physics.
Unfortunately, we cannot do anything about it at this stage. The bug was reported years ago, and Unity is finally working on a fix. I will let you know when this issue is presumably fixed, from which point this issue shouldn’t happen anymore.
Until then, you might still experience it once in a while. You may still report bugs about them for information purposes but it requires Unity to fix their physics bug 🙁
NEW | IN 0.581
- Keypads: “Reset” and “Input Code” texts on 3D keypads now localized and 3D input display is now in sync with the input combination.
- Recordings: Collectable recordings now more visible in dark areas, and improved texture
- Bug Reporting: A Description now required to report a bug. Auto-selection of description field when showing the bug reporting form.
- Version Numbers: From now on, every single update will have increased version number, now using 3-digits (X.XXX), to avoid confusion when small updates are happening in the same version cycle.
- Options: All tabs of Options Pages now have a Default button to reset to default values: click it or press F9 to apply default values.
- Bug Reporting: Now supports Visual Bugs reporting category in-game. Please use only in-game reporting from now on for PC, or if impossible for some reason, please use email@example.com
- Upgrades: Reworked Upgrade interface with more readable layout and new icons for each upgrade.
If you want to discover the updated Upgrades page yourself, please don’t show the SPOILER below:
- Safe Area: Added “Reset” when editing Display Safe Area to reset to default values in Options – Accessibility:
- Propellers with Blades: Being improved and reworked visually; you currently will have a mix between the old and new version (it’s intended as work not finished). Will be improved in the next updates 😉
- Chapter 1: First Breakable Window Area: The Breakable Wall here is the only way to skip the Crushers Room: Pressing the “Exit” button to retract the walls is mandatory and you cannot skip this area by trying to go to the left of the Breakable Wall (you will be relocated). After using this Exit button to retract the wall, you can, if you wish and you manage to (would be hard, but shouldn’t break the level).
- Chapter 1: You will no longer die if you fall in on the roof of the Bonus Room below you after the “Exit” button is used to retract the walls. You can now use the new lift to return back up (not usable before this area)
- Chapter 1: In this area, the Color Pack has been moved to ensure it can only be accessible in New Game+, since you can now reach this roof in New Game by falling (but will only be able to get up using the lift)
- Chapter 1: Solved softlock before/after getting the Taser: if you have disabled the Platforms button, platforms will be forced active after shooting the very first switch, to ensure you can get back. If you disable the platforms after getting the Taser and try to return to Taser Room and fall, relocation will now appropriately relocate you to the correct side to avoid softlock.
- Zero-Gravity: “Low Fuel” notification and sound are now disabled in Zero-Gravity (intended).
- Controls Remapping: Some actions now allow Mouse Scrollwheel – previously only mouse clicks were supported.
Controls Remapping: Added Zoom-in / Zoom-Out actions in case you want to use scrollwheel for something else, you’ll need to edit those to solve conflicts.
- Chapter 1: On return from Taser pickup: Relocation has been moved for the area where you must shoot the switch after picking up first Taser Battery.
You can now “go out” from the hole here, and go up to the roof to get the Color Packs too (with Dodge). You could do it before, but relocation was trying to prevent it – it now allows it. You can even jump on the moving platform you are supposed to shoot, if you want. It’s intended, you can do it to help reach above, or just for fun 😉
- Chapter 1: In the Ammo Storage room to get first Taser Battery, both buttons for the Laser Field will now work multiple times and be synced correctly.
BUG | FIXES
- Reported Bugs: Fixed many in-game reported bugs
- Localization: Fixed Spanish translation issues
- Lasers: In some cases, lasers would not damage you if you were already present in its trajectory when it was activated.
- Localization: Fixed Spanish translation issues
- Chapter 1: Keypad door towards Taser Room could end up being open instead of closed in front of you
- Chapter 2: Cursor will correctly be hidden after success of the Bridge alignment minigame
- Chapter 2: First main room could have blinking dark bands / shadows
- Options: Setting anything to Jump in remapping won’t change the Respawn icon after death and remain at Space / Left Click / Shoot button
- Chapter 3: Fixed some invisible walls in ending Zero-G phase
- Zero-Gravity: Fixed the major bug that would cause “throwing the player” around while in Zero-Gravity and going out of cutscene state (even with cutscenes disabled this bug would happen)
- Moving Lasers: Could sometimes stop movement after character death and save reloads
- Controls: Fixed a the Scope tutorial icons for mouse scrollwheel for zoom in/out
- Chapter 3: Door that locks in NG+ (after the long platform ride), will now remain RED even after dying (was switching sometimes to blue). To be tested.
- Chapter 1: Fixed a Game Error happening when aiming the button of the first Camera room’s button when you have the Aim Stabilizer upgrade.
- Audio: Various audio fixes mentioned in the latest PE update (volumes, music volume no longer reduces during dialogues when 0 volume for dialogues has been set, etc.)
- Doors: Hyper-Door pillars could be climbable if you spam-jumped towards them many times – This could cause a feel of double-jump bug to reach it
- Lasers: Moving lasers could push / move the player from “further away than they should”, as some could have potentially larger collisions than intended – This could cause a feel of double-jump bug if the moving laser was below you
- 3D Texts: Some Russian characters were not displayed correctly (squares). Should be fixed. Please report if you find others 😉
- Breakable Windows: Falling from breakable window glass shards (example, walking on it and dropping down) could cause jetpack request to not happen until next time you touched regular ground
- Hover: Was recharging during cutscenes
- Collectibles: Various collectable objects could still have collisions (with other objects) after being picked up. Lens flares (small lights) were not displayed correctly (they should be back)
- Cutscenes: Some cutscenes could have lens flares wrongly placed (stars)
- Chapter 1: Could see the Power Core after 3600 code sticking out of the wall if you then decided to go outside
- Chapter 1: “Find a way to unlock the Taser Room” objective could be triggered and displayed as active when going through the vent before entering the room (too early).
- Chapter 2: The Bridge to get out of the first room had a ground placed above it – this was a bug.
- Chapter 2: Interior of the Big Room could have a missing part
- Chapter 2: First shooting camera cutscene could go wrong and prevent camera’s surrounding walls to retract, if you were in first run (not NG+), and cutscenes disabled.
- Chapter 2: Last room’s Cube could be picked up through the breakable window at some angles
- Chapter 3: Horizontal fast smashers could kill the player at incorrect moments of their moment:
- Chapter 3: The first double-pressure plates for the first door will now become inactive and unusable (stop reacting to cubes) when the button below has been activated. Intended, to avoid issues with the door they control, and keep that door closed.
- Chapter 3: After the first double-pressure plate area (with 2 timer boxes), the Cubes and structures behind would be destroyed while the moving platform was moving to the next area. Now, has been changed to be destroyed when entering the Vertical Room, to be less noticeable.
- Chapter 3: Power Core Slot for optional upgrade before The Cube initialization button, and others, could sometimes not be present.
- Chapter 3: The Cube area could be missing the Encryption Key readers and formatters. If you still have them missing, please share a video of how you played the previous rooms, as it may be linked to what actions you perform before reaching The Cube.
- Chapter 3: Invisible ground just before the “Timing is Important” room, after getting out of the vent
- Chapter 3: After the Bridge from the Vertical Room, you could shoot the button and result in a buggy entrance towards the next area. This button is now manual only.
- Chapter 3: Going through the disabled lasers after the music hacking part, would destroy the camera and other objects, even if you went back down. This has now been changed to be done later in the level to make it less noticeable.
- Chapter 3: “initializeRoom” button cutscene had a few objects wrongly present beforehand
- Chapter 3: Fixed various blinking objects inside Initialization Room, and some floating structures of the level that were visible too early
- Chapter 4: Sun Room Power Core Slot and others could sometimes be missing
- Chapter 4: A Train wall collider was bugged and you could clip through it
- Chapter 4: The Hyper-Speed Suppressor area could sometimes have a missing destructible wall on the ceiling
- Fixed camera glitches during cutscene transition for a non-skippable cutscene with Disable Cutscenes enabled
- Keyboard / Mouse Objects: Keyboard / Mouse objects of Terminals would be thrown very fast if shot with Taser in Zero-G. Will now react appropriately.
- Localization: Various typos and wrong localizations were fixed (thanks for reporting them)
- Subtitles: “Nope” subtitle wouldn’t disappear
Thank you for testing! We’ll continue working on the various remaining bugs, and re-update the game within 3 weeks 😉